5 of the 15 leading causes of death in the United States are conditions that exist in large part due to physical inactivity.
SPARC and the Athens Orthopedic Clinic are taking the initiative to combat the increasing trend of death caused by physical inactivity. We believe Exercise is Medicine (American College of Sports Medicine), and it is preventative of many deadly diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes.
If you are looking to improve your quality of life through exercise, please fill out our contact form via the link located on our homepage. We will contact you as soon as possible!
Did you know that SPARC has a Physician Referred Exercise Program? Here’s how you can participate:
- Start incorporating an exercise vital sign during each visit you have with patients and record their responses. This is as simple as asking patients if they are participating in the minimum 150-minutes/week of exercise prescribed by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Download this exercise prescription form and information sheet and use it to refer patients to SPARC who need to increase their physical activity.
- Your patients will receive an opportunity to participate in SPARC’s group programs for an initial 60-days at a discounted rate.
- With your prescription, patients can use special accounts reserved for medical services, such as a Health Savings Account, to pay for services at SPARC. (Please note that we do not bill through insurance at SPARC.)
- Please fax a copy of the prescription using the number on the form with Attention: SPARC, and hand a copy to your patient.
- We will email your patient promptly!
Additional EIM Resources